Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jetlag The Hidden Killer

Australia is a long way from anywhere, I hadn't ever taken trips that far with so many flights before, the return trip is a horror story of normally 2 overnight flights and a long day afterwards in total about 39 hours, but this return was worse, I was flying home to Costa Rica to take a well earned rest and i was flying with my wife and little girl who were with me in Darwin, checking out houses and schools and stuff, mostly stuff like shopping and visiting national parks and beaches. Well we started flying the first leg at 1.40am a miserable start to anything, and then we found out our next flight had been delayed 5 hours then 6 hours and finally 7 hours before we flew over night again, we were flailing about my now, the little girl was Ok as she can sleep anywhere anytime, but me and Jenny were zombies, we landed in the USA and then tried ot flind a non full flight home, we were stuck, the next flight was from Los Angeles to Denver, then overnight to Costa Rica from Denver, this was getting tiresome, we arrived the next morning at 6am, 14,000 miles later, looking like shit and feeling worse, man Australia is a long way from anywhere. It is 4 days since we arrived and we are all falling about, sleeping anytime and not at night, i hate Jetlag, I really hate jetlag and flying, if we can fly to the moon why can't we fly to Oz in an hour or so, I will have to stop flying or something as it extracts my very reason to live, soon it will be all over, or am i trying to delude myself, probably as usual

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home