Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Possible Last Night Shift Ever and relief of Completing them

Today I finished what could be my last night shift ever and to be honest the feeling was close to ecstasy. I left site at around 7.30 after turning in all my timesheets for the last two weeks and was calculating in my head how much I would make and how I could never ever have to work night shifts again if I was lucky. If you have been reading the rest of my reports you will see that I had requested a transfer and that I had been expecting to go to Brazil after this job but Brazil is a little further away than I had wanted and now they are sending me to Brazil. Well I can let out the secret that I am a wildlife and conservation nutcase, I am a member of Greenpeace and RSPB and Woodland Trust and a few other and I love looking and listening to wild things. Now the Peru assignment is in the depths of the Amazonian jungle up in the Andes and I can tell you I was more than excited to be going. The web link is

http://www.camisea.com.pe/galeria.asp

This is the link to the gallery of pictures, it is very remote and has its own landing strip, you may ask why do I do this job and support greenpeace and I will reply, I haven’t a f**king clue how I can reconcile it. I am a human being who needs money and food and I do the job that I am best at, but I deplore the destruction and the problems it causes but travelling the world is fantastic and I love it, I have no answer to that question, sorry

But finishing the job today was great, I had to get up early and get back to work at 2.00pm and take over from a guy who was also taking over from me to go on nights is crazy but I need to sleep at night and feel normal. I came home spoke to my wife on the Skype internet Voip and left feeling great. I am in my tiny room getting drunk and eating chilli corn chips and thinking about going back to the UK for a holiday to sell my house as prices have peaked as far as I can see, there is only a crash around the corner but hell, what do I know, I have to clear out the garage and move all my crap to my sister new house in the spare room and see if I can get her to do all the legal stuff for me after I have left, I have promised to pay for her travel to Costa Rica for a holiday whenever she wants but she is chicken and may never go but I will try all the same. Life is a bummer but you have to keep kicking and screaming to get what you want and try and smile at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home