Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Thoughts of Home, Wife, Beer, Beach

I am planning my return home in 3 days time, relaxation is the main thing, to try and catch up on life in the real world and maybe go to the beach and do some proper relaxing with a few beers
** Tongue hanging out with a dehydrated look on face **

It is a dry camp here. I have been away from home for so long over the last 4 months that it will feel slightly strange getting back into the routine. As you can imagine everything continues without me being there so I will have to slide back into everyone’s else’s routine, I am wondering if the housekeeper will start shouting at me like a mother-in-law and telling me to clean up after myself and put my clothes away, that will be funny.
One enormous piece of goodness that has come out of the last two projects I have worked on, in fact since I have been working with gas turbines I have hardly ever had to drive and it has had such an enormous impact on my disposition when driving. I work on camp so no need for a car or I used to work offshore and again no cars, I did have a car in the USA and I did enjoy the driving, it is so relaxing there isn’t the rush you get in the UK, but I did see some heavy traffic in and around Los Angeles but it still felt different, that could have been the turning point. No longer do I shout “Get out of the way you Assh*le, move it, move it, move your piece of crap out of the way”, I was one of the terrors of the road, thinking that it all belonged to me. That was back in the days when I would wheelie my motorcycle at 90mph along narrow lanes in my village, very dangerous stuff and when I got my car I was as bad and had several crashes due to my stupidity and ignorance of the dangers of driving fast. I will still not get a motorcycle for fear of going as fast as I did plus Costa Rica I would die within 20 minutes as the roads are pot holed and full of people driving like I used to. So when I drive nowadays I drive like an old fart, just tootling along looking out of the window and watching the world go by, relatively slowly, I don’t race about I don’t rant and rave at loonies doing crazy stunts in Costa Rica, sometimes I get into a race but not very often,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home