Saturday, March 18, 2006

Countdown has Really Begun, 4 Days Left

I have had a shutdown to deal with this last week and I had three guys come to site to carry out the supervision of the plant, There were two old fart Italians and my site colleague who my boss made come to site even though he was on holiday. So there were three Italians together in a small office, there was more shouting and arm waving than I had seen in my entire life. it made my brain ache to have to share the room with them. The oldest guy was the worst. The main reason for that was he shouted when talking and demanded all the time for things he needed or wanted, demanded of me as though I was like his assistant, he would point and say do this and do that, he sounded like my dad, this was compounded by the fact he looked just like my dad also, totally grey hair and small and wrinkly and that typical bad breath of old farts who never clean their teeth. I was more desperate for them to leave rather than this trip to finish for me. I think they were shouting more because after 40 years of working on turbines they were totally deaf, I just hope I don’t go the same way. I am aiming to retire early and become a beach bum or bar owner, same thing really. I am fully charged up for leaving this place in 4 days, my life has to take a big leap into getting better if I get some activities after work, this is just like goddam prison without the forced sex with bubba, the dysfunctional goat herder with Downs syndrome and splayed teeth who makes you squeal like his pet pig. Actually that would be better than what I have now, crazy alarms clocks and toilets flushing all hours and people running in corridors of accommodation that has walls of rice paper that actually work like a sound amplifier. Please God make it stop and let me go to work somewhere hard and demanding that makes me feel happy. Iraq for instance or Libya or Algeria, anywhere other than the jungle of Peru again.

I would prefer to share a cell with Bubba than spend 1 more trip in Peru

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home