Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Antipathy and Desire

Well I will be packing tonight and not worrying about the turbines one bit as tomorrow I am leaving, in fact I cannot concentrate on anything at all, I just want the next 24 hours to disappear, I am keeping my moth collection going nicely, I released a giant of a moth, it must have had a wingspan of at least 10 inches, for all you metric people that is 25.4 cms

But I am lost in thought about getting home and not thinking about or listening to the sound of my turbines humming in the background. I need to chill out and take a few beers for lunch and have a nice walk on the beach and eat some plain food for a while,
I have been trying very hard not to over eat to much here, it is very easy, the angle of repose for boiled rice is large and some of the locals like to see if they can defy nature by stacking it higher than the laws of physics will allow. Why they eat so much I don’t know, they may be hard working but they only get fat very quickly, it is probably a poor background that forces them to eat so much, I was watching one guy and he was hovering over his food like a hawk , just in case someone was going to steal a handful of food from his plate, as if, he was a sad reminder of the poor place in which I am working. I have been told by so many people how poor and hard it is to make a living in Peru. Taxes are so high and salaries are low. But life goes on and I am going to be eating on the beach and having my housekeeper and nanny looking after the kids while I am lording it about with Jenny in a nice hotel somewhere exotic. Lifes a bitch ain't it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home