Monday, January 02, 2006

Rainy Season In The Amazonian Jungle

Well officially we are the rainy season and when I first got back into Peru it was gray and raining and it rained a lot the next day and it was surprisingly fresh. I wasn’t happy with the prospect of a miserable and grey month in the jungle getting foot rot and having my skin washed whiter than white with all the rain, but the third day it was a prefect clear blue day and even though we caught a few drops of a passing storm it was a normal day in the tropics. We got 3 days in a row of fantastic weather and once again today it is a typical English summer’s day, all miserable and grey and totally overcast and gloomy, I hate the gloominess of it all, I love blue skies, and it is a British thing I reckon as we get so little of the blue stuff we crave for it all the time and probably that is why I live in Costa Rica. So I now realise that rainy season in the jungle means rains probably everyday but may be a sprinkling or a heavy shower or maybe even full on British stuff, but it is as varied as you can imagine, wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home