Friday, December 30, 2005

And I Was Blaming the Catholics

In all the time I have been driving around Costa Rica I have always found it crazy that the local churches encourage people to paint symbols on the road at religious times of the year, so we get two fishes at around Easter, and it is all over the place and I curse them for doing it as I find it very distracting and pretty pointless. So this last couple of months I have been cursing the churches for adding a new and very large road painting, it is a heart and a halo in a yellow box and we were finding them all over the place, it seemed like they were every 200 yards. So when we went to the beach we were laughing at the huge number of them all over the place and it seemed odd that they were evenly spaced not clustered around the churches as normal. Anyway it wasn’t until my wife got a parking ticket back in San Jose a week later that there was an explanation on the back of the ticket, the government is painting the road where folks get run over and killed, and so all those yellow symbols are for the dead. So I shouldn’t have been cursing, perhaps only the bad drivers and drunk drivers and stupid jay walkers.



This one managed to conveniently die outside the local hospital, no need for an ambulance they probably wheeled him in on a trolley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home