Sunday, March 19, 2006

Desperation Setting In

It is typical that when you just want a peaceful last few days of the rotation here in the jungle, everything is determined to make it hard and difficult and as tiresome as possible. We started the units a couple of days ago and I have had nothing but problems, a temperature probe telling me the unit is so hot it would cook a steak no problem, and then other telling me there are no flames inside the turbine, the lying bastard. Then the fuel valves started playing up giving me error messages, oh man it was frustrating and they think I know all the reasons for the faults, I am not a mind reader. I struggle on from one day to the next hoping that I don’t get more problems, I only have 3 more days left and I want to be able to relax and not get all stressed about being here anymore than I am already. I am trying the job application thing again to help boost my spirits, I apply for jobs that I know I am not really qualified or experienced enough for as they all sound really nice, I imagine myself getting some fancy project managers job in Indonesia or Papua New Guinea, I dream that I only work 40 hours a week and I only have a 20 minute drive in the company SUV, and have a swimming pool and barbecue and a house maid to do all the cooking, it all sounds so heavenly, then I am brought back to earth as my units here have tripped again or someone wants some training or I am trying to help some old fart with their computer and he doesn’t believe me when I tell him I haven’t touched the thing that is missing or doesn’t work on his computer. Why is it me that has to deal with this sort of crap, or am I being spoiled thinking I should have lots of lackys doing all the menial things for me. It is an age thing, the older I get the more intolerant of peoples incompetence, the more fragile I become with the never ending inadequacies of idiots and simpletons I am forced to work with, that is why I think I am worth $150,000 a year plus car and house and no tax, yes I am dreaming very badly and getting desperate.

my dream house somewhere tropical with no dangerous locals

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home