Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Oh Lovely Florence I Hate to Go

So day 22 and I now know there is no Letter of invitation due for another 4 weeks and then another week for the visa and then I can travel to Russia so I am leaving for home, problem is that all the planes are full of tourists and I cannot get a seat. So I am here for another couple of days and then I can get home to my new house and my wonderful wife. So what have I learned in the last few weeks in Florence, well it is dammed expensive but I already knew that. Florence is a jewel in the tourist destinations of Italy. It has such a concentrated core of wonderful things to do it overshadows most other places and we can thank the Medici family for that. Train travel is also very good not fantastically cheap but very clean and regular trains are perfect for getting about. A very important point is that I now know that most oil companies don’t have an idea about planning for anything so that is why most projects are months or years behind schedule and billions over cost, but it doesn’t matter as all the mugs who buy gas will pay what ever it costs to drive on the road. Today it is going to be at least 38 C and most people complain but I love the heat. I think I will really love going to Qatar, I will have a great tan and have the beach to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home