Friday, February 02, 2007

My Project Extension and the Miserable Weather

I was only supposed to be staying in Qatar for 20 days, when i arrived the weather crap and the whole city is a miserable construction site. So it isn't a nice place to be and even after i was told i was staying longer i felt miserable but not desperate about the crappy cold windy rainy weather. But 1 day before I was expecting to fly out of here, i was informed that everyone thought i was staying for 2 months and that i had no flights booked. This just about dropped me off a cliff, i felt like killing my project manager as he thinks i am a slave that enjoys working in shithole countries and enjoy having office morons telling what i should and shouldn't be doing. I had been comforting my beautiful wife with words about being home for the end of the month and she was complaining that she knew i wasn't coming back when i said and not believing anything i was telling her about my leaving dates as they always lie to me about it. To be really honest i think she understands these people more than i do.

I have told everyone i am severely pissed off about the extension and that they must replace me as soon as possible and that i am not going to tolerate any further extensions without anyone contacting me and discussing it with me first. I made such a scene in the office about the extension that the site manager had to give me a talking to about me saying i wanted to kill the project manager. He was saying the corporate bullshit like, we have to think of the company and we have to show the customer how responsive we are, i was trying hard not to laugh in his face as he sounded so pathetic. I also found out that once you have been here in Qatar more than 30 days you have to get a permit to leave the country, YES YOU NEED A LEAVING PERMIT, this is a stupid ruling, i am desperate to leave and yesterday the skies opened and rained like a bitch for about 4 hours and to the point it overwhelmed the hotel drain system and started flooding the bathrooms including mine, I was dreaming nicely as it was my only day off per week and i could just hear some slight pitter patter of water hitting a floor while i am asleep, and it got louder and louder until i completely awoke and dashed in to find water pouring in from the ceiling of my bathroom, this country is insane and i am going that was also, I am a celebrity get me outta here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home