Saturday, January 20, 2007

Friday Prayer, "LET ME GO HOME"

Well i am about done with Qatar, my only day off and it was cold cloudy miserable and sprinkling with rain. This has to be one of the worst countries in the world. I cannot see how there is one redeeming feature about qatar to keep anyone here. I have tried to get a decent financial offer from them and the money is positively piss poor. They seem to think that living in the wonderful country of Qatar will compensate for feeling depressed in a desert with shite weather, miserable in winter and blistering in summer. I am quite happy to stay with my present employer getting a change of venue regularly and not having to suffer such a miserable place, The new project which is the worlds biggest LNG train, all the guys live ina camp so they dont even get to stay in a nice hotel room and go shopping for time to time. this is pretty miserable for a working environment, i have asked for work in north africa, it has to be better than this.

Life goes on and I am now planning my trip to Florida as one of my old colleagues is getting married and I have been invited. he is such a nice guy and he is making the huge decision to quit working on the road and become a tax slave in the USA. This is great for him and will give him much happiness and a great home life, I have seriously been thinking about how long i can keep up working this routine, maybe a few more years, perhaps mi should go part time to stretch it out longer and longer, who knows what will come along. I certainly don't want to to be doing this when i am 64

I am also planning my summer house work in spain, i am looking at putting a third floor on the spanish house of mine as at present it doesnt have a view of the mountains and no place to sit in the sun, which is really why anyone would want to live in spain. sunshine and nice views are the stuff of retirement, so i have contacted a builder and a tiler who are going to do it all for me and as they can access the roof of the house from the back garden they willnot disrupt the normal living in the house too much I hope. i am even wanting to build a walled garden up the hillside and even a garage if they can squeeze it in. so it will be fully contained, somewhere to park the car and somewhere to plant a few plant and somewhere to sit in the sun with a view of the mountains. I can almost taste the vino rojo and olives here from the office in qatar, come quickly oh dreamworld.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home