Thursday, January 11, 2007

Just a small update on Qatar

Life is a strange beast with my job, I arrive with my company rushing me here and in the last 2 weeks i have done basically nothing. My companion here is a nice guy, he picks me up at the Ramada Hotel in a morning and we chat and discuss the news and usually have a laugh at someones expense. Anyhow we have a good working relationship but he is a guy living in France but of Algerian origin, nothing wrong with that but one thing he does do that irritates me he puts the radio on and off when he wants, sometimes very loud sometimes very quiet, sometimes some good music sometimes some 'Orrible arabic music from Lebanon, you know the kind, all wailing and twangy tinny mandolin things, and then sometimes as we are in Qatar they read the Koran in English at 6.15am just as we are driving to work, to be truthful, the Koran has some very good things we should all follow, like don't screw your brothers wife, i liked that one, and don't steal from a poor peasant from the desert, don't be a miserable bastard, i liked all those but it goes on for ages and ages and the accent is bad and they have to repeat the phrase, peace be with him after they mention Mohamids name and it is just not me for that time of morning, so that really gets up my nose, him putting up the volume loads and i don't have the authority to touch the radio ever, as he has turned it off after i turned it on and he turned it up after i turned it down so now i don't touch it at all. Another bad irritating thing is that he complains about the quality of the Indians driving here, which is really bad but he does it all the time, complaining about how bad they are and that they were only scratching the balls of the elephant last year and now they are driving in Qatar, this is funny but not all the time we are driving together, and his driving is also appalling and this is giving me a bad neck as the car is all accelerate and then braking hard all the time even at the traffic queues, this makes my head rock back and forth non-stop until i am screaming in pain and with a pounding headache. i have to resort to forcing my head hard into the headrest to stop it bouncing. Another thing is he tells me silly stories about really boring things in the news, again not a bad thing but he repeats himself constantly hour after hour and day after day, i will have to kill him and bury him in the desert.

here is a picture i just want to share with you, will anyone know who anyone was


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home