Monday, June 11, 2007

Desperation in a week with no Internet

I have een suffering all week with no internet and this has made me realise that not only am I a total internet junkie but i cannot do my job without internet, i am like a man with no hands, i was moody and miserable and childish and suffered total paranoia about why the internet connection wasnt working in my office, I am working in italy as most of you will now Know, it is in a rented building as the main factory is so busy they have no room and so it is a makeshift network in the office as there is only 4 guys working in the office, and only me who is here full time, so nobody cares if the line is down and Italia Telecom is one of those giant monoliths that really doesnt care if you live or die when you have a problem they will do it whenever they want. So i couldnt send documents to my colleagues or mail my wife or update my blog, i was desperate, but saturday it was reconnected, i was in heaven , what a sad state of affairs to be in with such a simple thing like this, anyway my wife arrived in Florence with no problems other than the airline told me my wife was there but another person said she wasnt so i went away to wait for the next plane to arrive from Paris, and all the time she was upstairs in the arrivals lounge trying to get hold on me via skype, she didnt have an international cellphone, this was my big mistake in not getting her a raoming cellphone contract.
So we ahve moved into the house, we have filled the kitchen full of crazy italian food and stocked the shelves full of fruit juice, olive oil, Balsamic vinegar and some wine and very cheap beer, the weather has turned alot warmer the horrible cold weather front has passed away for good i hope and now we are taking the sun with a wine and beer on the patio or porch whatever you want to call it and listening to the bird song all evening long after i get back from work at night. We drove around the hills behind our house and you can get a great view of the bay and other mountains but it was stil a little misty


The work i am doing has been interesting for me as some of the stuff i have never done before like inspection, but the rest is a piece of cake, i am working with the same company as before but now as the customer and this is a nice change as i get to make the rules, i am not abusing it as someday i may have to go back to my old agency and i am not going to burn any bridges. I am still lookig around for other interesting jobs as i would like to keep moving about for the next couple of years with my wife and see the world together rather than me being a miserable old fart living in man camps all over the world.



Here is a picture of the worlds largest centrifical compressor, it needs one of the worlds largest gas turbines to turn it over, all going to Qatar on the worlds largest LNG plant. Impressed ???? , only if your a metal geek like me, i also like steam trains to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home