Friday, January 04, 2008

Life Over the New Year In Tunisia

I arrived back in Tunisia on the 28th of December, missing a warm new year in Costa Rica, i was miserable for leaving a warm paradise ( I keep saying that don't I), and i have virtually no work to do while here, I am killing time doing odd jobs and sorting out my music collection, but we were invited to attend a new years eve party in tunis with the site lead and his girlfriend in Tunis, i jumped a tthe chance to get away from this place, only problem is the 5 hour drive and the expensive hotel and party but that is me being cheap again.

By the time we reached Tunis is was snowing and the ground was frosty and dangerous we were driving like lunatics to get there for the party, but we got there and went to a small restaurant and had some really incredibly crap food for the $50 a head it was costing, all cold and horrible tasting, a real disappointment, but the wine flowed and we danced and had a really good time, the pictures tell a story, this is a muslim country and I didn't see one headscarf in the place, quite developed then i would say.

I wasn't that drunk, honest, this is Sorin from Romania, a funny guy



My party mask



My drunken impression of Madonna or a impression of a drunken madonna



young love



Just a small place with some crazy foreigners



All in all it was an expensive night but a good one to kill the misery of being away from my family

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home