Friday, July 17, 2009

Off to Sunny Egypt

well the travel thing never ends, not that I am unhappy with going to Egypt, it is just the interminable constant tedious travel, last sunday I drove for 11 hours, this was really tedious driving through the miserable desert hinterland of central Spain. So Saturday we catch the bus to Malaga 1 hour travel, not really boring as it is through the mountains. The 4 hour wait in Malaga is tedious, the 4 hours to Madrid is OK as i like trains, far better than planes as you can walk about and entertain yourself more easily. Then we have two days of checking out Madrid, for me this is the first time as a tourist, I want to go to the Prado Art Museum, supposedly one of the best in the world supposedly. Well then after that we travel to Cairo Monday to do the typical tour of the Ancient sites thing. But have you all seen how big Egypt is, it is Gi-friggin-normous, we spend 112 hours one night on a train, this may actually be one of the highlights of the trip as I love trains, did I mention that. we are supposed to see the pyramids, the cairo musuem, Tutankahmun treasures and his burial place, Luxor and Karnak, aswan and elephant island, I will have to check out what is on Elephant island, then as a relaxer for 5 days we are going to the Red Sea to do some snorkelling and eating and drinking and no travelling. So this trip is a trial of endurance and to see who snaps first, me the kids or the wife, or all together at the same time, not to forget that when i get home I travel to Equatorial Guinea for work for a month. I will try and update when i am away but i cannot speak for the sort of connectivity I can expect in Egypt, my buddy Zac was complaining about speeds from the work site he is at but they have their own sat dish and a throttled link. So off from one hot and sweaty country to another even more hot and sweaty country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home