Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Return of Internet, Zac's Visit part 1

I now have my internet returned to me, just in time for my return to work.

I have a huge amount to Blog, I have had a visit of my erstwhile work and blogging Colleague, Zac(Slyght), unfortunately his trip was cut short by his mothers heart attack but fortunately she is making a recovery. I have been supervising the third floor building work and I have travelled to Madrid and got stuck in the snow storm that swept across the country. We have been to the Alhambra, the greatest surviving ancient arab Palace in the world, quite spectacular.

To start off with Zac he arrived at Malaga airport on time and he looked no different to the last time I saw him in Turkmenistan 6 years previously.




He was staying in my bed while Jenny and Me slept in the bunks meant for kids, the weather was still pretty good and i had a few things for him to see and visit, first was the local 8 sided square in the local town of Archidona, it is unique in spain so i believe.

It was undergoing some restoration, paid for my the EU regional development funding




we then went to the Picasso Musuem in Malaga, the musuem is built in an old lords townhouse, really fantastic but the art of Picasso is just a joke, the best modern era con job with modern art.

Some Modern Art in Malaga near the port




The local Cathedral




We all joked at how awful and meaningless it all was. Zac was given a tasting of tyhe local Tapas, the small snacks that you get with the beer in the local bar/cafes, this food is quite typical in spain and as far as my experience not found anywhere else, some is fantastic and some is different. The next trip we did was to Ronda, a famous ancient fortress town that has the most amazing bridge,




The bridge leads you into a really nicely kept town, it seems it was pretty run down up to the entry into the EU but they then go billions of regional development money as they were poor cousins of Europe, so now everywhere is tarted up and looking really nice, apart from the millions of ugly apartments they built over the last 30 years also.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home