Thursday, October 08, 2009

Life Back in Spain

well I arrived back very tired but as I had been working night shift i wasn't that jet-lagged. Jenny had been telling me that the weather had been cold and rainy, I was very miserable at the thought of coming back to a cool autumnal weather but when I arrived it was roasting hot and got hotter since, in fact it has been so hot that one day when I was knocking a hole in the front wall at the side of the main door to put in a small window, I was feeling dehydrated at lunch time and was just so thirsty, we had been down to the coast to take Emma out to the local parks for the weekend and again it was just roasting hot, so far from being cold and autumnal it is frigging' blazing summer temperatures, even at night the bedrooms are hot and sweltering. I am travelling back to the UK to see my old buddies pick up my christmas Amazon shopping and of course see my sister and brothers. So life for the next weeks may involve working on certain problems with the house, I am looking at changing the metal doors in the house and maybe a few windows, this is to help with the winter cold we have here in spain.

we took out our nice neighbours this weekend for sunday lunch. this was to repay the nice things they have done for us, like giving us food when we had no pots and pans when we were first moving in. and for all the beers and wine they have given us when we have been invited to take an afternoon drink with them, such very nice people, that is Graham and Barbara.

Garlic Roast Chicken, Rabbit stew, Raost Oxtail, and a plate of wood oven roast Pork, really nice.





A nice day on the coast, just roasting again




This is the Pompano Park in central Benalmadina


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home