Friday, September 10, 2010

Facebook is Killing my Blog

I have been working on this Blog for maybe 5 or 6 years now and to be honest I think Blogging is losing its relevance, It was developed for keeping in contact with friends and family but now with the advent of Facebook it has lost its need, Facebook is easy, you see the folks your trying to keep in touch with and you can chat like messenger, you see pictures, you share more with the folks there, but with blogging your hoping that your friends know your there and can they really be bothered with going to read the usual silly stuff i come out with.

Facebook is so easy to setup, just arrange your own account, they search via e-mail addresses for your friends and hey presto, you see everything these people put in, just maybe a 1 liner, or a birthday thing or many things, it is so much more personal, I am addicted and as you can see, i am blogging less and less, since i blogged I only ever got one unknown reader who asked me what Malabo Equatorial Guinea was like, other than that i think i have about 4 regular readers, and a few who come and see what is happening in my insane lifestyle.

just take a look at www.facebook.com and check for my email address swedish_chef_dave@yahoo.com, as this maybe one of my last ever posts in Blogger. times are moving on.

2 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger slyght said...

i've noticed i'm doing the same thing, and i'm going to make a concerted effort to blog more. i need to. i have so much more to say than what i can put into a facebook update. i really REALLY need to blog more. don't give up.

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up - I refuse to use Facebook!
Birding Doc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home