Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Normal Service Will Resume in Peru

Well normal life resumed with a bump, I was shocked to be told that the Peru job had just been signed up and I was due to travel out on the 3rd of July to get onsite on the 4th of July, which when I realised that I would only have 3 full days at home to see my wife and kids then that isn’t all that exciting. I was very happy to be leaving this place as I was getting concerned that I may end up here for more rotations but they have screwed me badly by making me come back to Malabo and then making me travel to Peru at their convenience and that is horse shit. The tried to get some of the other guys to come and give me a one-week holiday before I travel but the cost of the airfare was too great and are making me instead stay until the bitter end. I am dancing with the idea of going to Peru but the lack of a break is bad, I have to have time to recover from these miserable night shifts. I have been doing some gloating around the site, just slipping it into the conversation about me leaving to Peru but I have also just been very blatant and been laughing hysterically and shouting Peru and dancing round like a deranged llama herder. For the next 6 months I am going to be feeling like a new man, not night shifts and no overnight travelling and no jet lag, oh god what a wonderful feeling it is going to be, I may start skinny dipping in the local river before breakfast and doing yogic flying, Buddhist chanting at night, but they provoke some physical retribution from the other guys on site keeping them awake at night. Who cares I am free as a bird now and will be happy to do any thing I desire, what a huge relief it was to get that piece of news. They have asked me what vaccinations I have had and if it is in an international vaccination log, and I will need to have some blood tests to see if I am carrying some typical diseases like measles and chicken pox and scarlet fever and psittacosis, very strange I thought but it is to prevent me carry these to the local Indians who being very remote have no defences against these western diseases. Just take a look at how primitive they are from the pic i have added.
so I get three days at home to get a visa and get blood tests and any vaccinations I need, and I don’t think it is going to be possible. We’ll see how it all pans out but I think they have been too ambitious. Life is a challenge it is just a matter of taking it one slice at a time. Print Article
-->

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home