Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Chaotic world of contracting and a possible return to malabo

I have been on holiday less than a week and my boss tells me I have to go to Spain and then Florence for a meeting with him and then a trip back to Malabo until they find a replacement for the Malabo, this was all without consulting me and never listening to me telling him I need a break and my wife is flying in from Costa Rica to spend time into the U with me and was planning on enjoying her first trip to Europe, I am trying to clear my house of all the accumulated crap of life and get some decoration and carpeting finished, first time since I bought the house in Dec 2000. It is easy arranging things but getting time to do the things is another story, I am one week into this and I have achieved almost zero so far, crap piled up in the living room looking like a horror movie, once this is all gone hopefully today then it may look like a house again, decorator Saturday and carpet man measuring up Friday for a fitting next week sometime, should all look like a liveable house in 1 weeks time I hope, and that depends if my boss sends me to Spain, not sure if they will force me to go but I said my wife will let me go if you pay for her to fly with me on all my rounds trip to Spain and Florence, I haven’t heard back from them yet as they took that as a no from me. As far as a return to Malabo it was always on the books that i may stay there for another trip and maybe longer until they found a suitable replacement, i didnt want to go back as i hate the shift work but i have no right of refusal in my contract and it could be worse i could be sent to Nigeria,we'll see what transpires next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home