Friday, November 11, 2005

Three Times in a Row, Never Fail to Get The Worst Exchange Rate

I am totally preoccupied with the Euro to Dollar exchange rate as I am buying my new house and I have to transfer loads of euros into Dollars. It dominates my day and I am not even sleeping for thinking about what the exchange rate is becoming. When I first moved to Costa Rica I was working in the USA and I managed twice to wait all week hoping to get a better rate only to watch the rate go the wrong way and finally buy at the worst possible moment, twice!!!, I ask you what sort of financial dealer will I ever make. Well unfortunately for me the week I want to move lots of money I have been watching the rate for 2 weeks and the last day I have and the rate has slumped again to the worst it has been for 2 years so a bit of a record for me. I have decided to not worry about it as the house is nice and I am going to live in it and that is worth more than anything. Another thing that is occupying my time is the prospects of my next project, I was really hoping for Brazil but the more I read about the murder rate and horrible finances I am more inclined to go elsewhere with my wife.


24 Gas Turbines Working Here

One huge project is the Atlantic LNG in Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean. Now this is a normal place to live and I could take my wife and try and lead a normal life for the first time in many years. But as with any desires I have to temper them with a little bit of reality as I cannot force my boss to send me there and I have to ask nicely as it is common courtesy but I am lucky that I have a skill set that is in very short supply and filling my post is nigh on impossible so I can pick and choose the open slots around the world. Another huge thing in my favour is my location to the site and being only a couple of hours away is great as many Italians would rather work the other way like the middle east as it is much closer. I should explain my company has mainly Italian employees as it is Italy based. So this side of the world we have few if any of the controls engineers needed for that project so I am very hopeful for the post. Luckily they are in the middle of an expansion project and they will probably be looking for more guys to work there and I am just jumping up and down wanting to get to the top of the list. I have mailed my boss at least 3 times in the last 2 weeks, my time here in Peru is only scheduled until January and then I would love to go to Trinidad. I’ll just have another peek at the exchange rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home