Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Did I Say Something About Loving The Variability of the Weather

When I went to bed last night it was raining lightly, almost like a drizzle and I thought nothing of it, I had spent a couple of hours doing a mass mailing to update all my contacts about the latest holidays on the Blogsite and I got to bed late maybe 10.30pm and here in Peru that is late as there is nothing to do other than sleep. So I put the TV on and got to the HBO movie channel with Spanish subtitles is I really need to practice more and it was a crappy film but it was the only english speaking channel they have, and I could detect a slightly increasing background noise and I wasn’t sure what it was and when the film ended and I turned off the TV I realised the rain was pounding down on the steel roof of our accommodation, with it being really cheap and nasty it is a tin roof and it sounds like a steel drum band during heavy rain. Well the rain got heavier and heavier and then the thunder started rumbling and the rain was beating like a frenzied Mike Tyson on the roof and it was almost impossible to get to sleep and after an hour rolling around the bed with the humidity being high I finally got to sleep but every time a discharge of lightning I was blown out of bed awake and it was like that all night long. All goddam night and then the alarm clocks started going off from about 4.30am onwards and with the walls being so thin you can here the alarms from 6 rooms away and the building is only 6 rooms long and 2 rooms wide so basically that is everybody in the block. Some hideous old bell ringers and then the fancy play a silly freaking tune digital ones, the worst thing is the lazy wakers, oh I hate them worst of all and I wish a curse of a oscillating hormones on whoever it is. They set the goddam tune playing digital alarm to snooze maybe 5 or 6 times so it keeps going off and then on and then again and again for about 45 minutes, I am going to lose control one of these mornings and start skipping about in the corridor naked shouting obscenities at all the rooms until the culprit is identified, it is really irritating. But the rain never stopped all night and all morning and it is now down to a light drizzle again, it may clear up today but I really would like it to turn blue to lift my tired spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home