Thursday, March 23, 2006

Last Day Ever In The Jungle

Well today is the day I have been waiting for 29 days, I am finally leaving Peru and this jungle camp for good, I have said my goodbyes, it was a little more emotional than I imagined it would be. People were genuinely saying a fond farewell, I was almost touched but I was more interested in getting my bags packed and getting on the plane in 1 hours time. I have completed my rounds and done my final paperwork and spoke to my wife letting her know I was skipping round the office with excitement of leaving, I may even get a beer in Lima with one of the engineers who is also on vacation at home in Lima. I love this job, so much technology and great troubleshooting and lots of responsibility but the only and immense drawback is the remoteness of working in jungle camps or desert camps or offshore oil platforms they are miserable and full of ugly men. I want to be able to get home after a long day at work and be able to dress up and go out for a beer or a pizza and go to the cinema and drive a car or anything I want to do, be a normal human being, as normal as I can be, Just like most folks. I admit I get paid well for this but not enough to treat me like a prisoner in an open prison. I am just desperate to get a project where I can live in a city and be normal and hopefully take my wife, I am thinking outside the box of my main contracting company and applying for jobs in the middle east where it is married status and I can be a Mr Average with a swimming pool of course. Hallelujah Lima here I come.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home