Monday, December 18, 2006

Costa Rica at Christmas Time

Well you may realise that Costa Rica isn’t such a bad place to live, if you have money that is. The weather here in December is what you call transitional from wet season to dry and at present it is non-committal, but some days are just blisteringly hot and today seems to be one of those days, I have taken to walking around the tiled floors of the house barefoot as it can take a little of the heat out of my feet while walking around but after a long hot day and the house gets warm even the floors start to feel warm to the feet. Yet I do not complain as I am now a reptile and love the feel hot. Well my new job may have gone away as they became very cheap and even after we had agreed a figure for the salary they then withdrew it and offered me a lower figure and I said no thank you, this is the negotiations of a giant oil company, I don’t think I would have trusted them after that carry on, so I am back to travelling again and my next destination is Qatar on the 28th of December. I am actually looking forward to staying there as I am working out of a nice hotel and this to me is real engineering. Eating nice food and sleeping in a nice bed and getting a beer when you want and having a rental car and feeling important, over the last 3 years I have felt like a cheap peasant labourer living in shitty rooms in camp. So Qatar is going to be a refreshing change and I hope I can get a rotation job out of it, we will see how the thing goes. So I have to squeeze into my next few days as much as I can as that day of travel is looming very quickly. Christmas doesn’t seem the same when the sun s shining and it is hot and lovely, must feel like the same in Australia as they have the Christmas dinner on the beach. But one has to make sacrifices when having the life of a travelling engineer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home