Friday, March 16, 2007

Beer and Food With an Old Buddy in San Jose

it had to happen eventually, I was tracked down and one of my old work buddies from the USA happened to be in town at the same time as me and we got together for a beer and some expensive food, expensive as far as Costa Rica goes anyway, I worked with this colleague in Texas in the little redneck town of Beaumont. We shared many laughs and did some good work and really had a great time down there and even though the years have gone passed we have kept in touch and he reads my blog from time to time and he did used to do a blog until it started to impinge on his studies as he went back to school to do a law degree. The only problem is that when doing the sort of work we do it is easy to make lots of money and live somewhere you pay no tax and effectively live a far more affluent lifestyle than a lawyer in the USA, he is claiming he is still trying to decide which way he is leaning, I actually am very envious of him to have gone back and completed that law degree. he has a long time to make lots of money as a lawyer. We shared a few storied and shared some info on the other guys we worked with and what we are both wanting for the future, I am still undecided about whree i want to work and with who and for how much. I think the far east would e fun as long as i could take my wife, middle east is probably more money but not as much fun being in a man camp and having no beer and no fun, we will see how this thing progresses, I have an interview in Yemen in mid April and then we'll see how much they offer me.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home