Saturday, February 24, 2007

Life After The Desert Escapade

AS most people who read my blog, and that isnt many, can now get the impression i dont really like this place, to be brutally blunt this place is a miserable dusty dry dull boring prison camp and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone, the silly old buggers who spend their lives living here propping up the bar at the end of every night must have their brains boiled by the sun to think spending 44 weeks a year here is OK. I can honestly say that my experience here at the hands of my company has made me decide to not renew my contract that expries in a couple of months and not work in this type of contracting anymore, being told i cannot go home when i want was soul destroying and i sincerely felt trapped. This willnot happen again to me and my choices for future work will be far more selectively chosen, One important factor will be destination, I am only interested in working in nice places, like the far east, i have done some searching on the net and there is some projects going off in Malaysia and Indonesia and Thailand and even the Philippines, these would be a fantastic destination as I love the tropics with all the trees and wildlife. Another important factor is being able to take my wife with me, she has suffered also from me being away and why should i deny my wife the pleasure of travelling around, the money aspect is important but i would sacrfice money for a nice place and being with my wife. I have found a great website for searching as it is basically an agency that uses other agencies to put their jobs in a giant search engine, very nice as it compiles all the relevant jobs in one place instead of checking yourself in through hundreds of other sites, WWW.Oilcareers.com and i have applied for about 20 jobs but actually i am not really interested yet as i am planning to take off the summer, I have a wedding to go to in March in Florida and then i have to go to spain to get my spanish house sorted out and that could take all summer long, but when i sell it i will probably make some good money on it. so first things first, wedding, spain and then i may look for a job next christmas, sounds like a plan to early retirement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home