Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I am Leaving On Jet Plane, Dont Know When I Will Be Back Again

The Lyrics of that song are just whistling through my head in and out as i am in countdown to my leaving, still not exactly sure but should be less than 6 days as i have to leave before the other guy who is here also leaves. I was getting very nervous yesterday as the engineering manager told me they would need someone until the 15th of March and I worried it was going to be me. To prevent that happening I told my boss that i would actually quit before they would extend my stay any longer. I think I am not doing my reputation and good by making all the noises I have this last month while i was trying to get out of this miserable dusty hell hole. I am almost completely done with this contracting lark, I have been so pissed off about being told i couldnot leave that i was just wanting to quit to shove it up their ass. I hate being told what to do, so i have been scouting all the websites for jobs around the world where i could take my wife and it be a nice place to live, like Malaysia or Thailand or the Philippines or anywhere that would be interesting and easy to live without it being too hot or too dangerous or a miserable desert. The money doesn't count that much at the end of the day as i would just like to be able to go home at the end of a hard day to see my beautiful wife and little girl. but hell if things get tough next year i could end up selling ice cream on the beach. I am thinking of spending an entire year out of work and just trying to gather a relaxed frame of mind and then see what sort of job offers come around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home