Monday, February 05, 2007

Qatar is Like the Moon but With Less Atmosphere

The crazy country is going from bad to worse, the weather has been shocking at best but today has seen a new phenomenon that is going to be make me miserable. As we drove into work this morning before daylight as usual, i though that my eyes were just tired as all the colours of the morning daybreak were strange, but as the sun finally got up i saw the haze was actually real the sky was orange and even though i have been driving round on the site through 6 inches of sandy mud, we were in the middle of a light sandstorm. The wind has changed direction and is coming from Iraq and maybe they are having a real desert winter with lots of heat and giant sandstorms and the fine dust is now blowing all over this miserable desert here. It is now killing my allergies and i have been having multiple sneezing fits and my eyes are feeling all sore and gritty, maybe that is because i am still not really sleeping properly, going to bed really early and getting up in the middle of the night is not really good for my old mans constitution. So what am i to do to get out of this place, i am trying all the normal channels of communication so far, my manager and the guys on site, this is the normal route and so far it has failed, i did send my manager a " I am miserable and desperate" mail, when i found out that the camp i am being transfered to has no tv's or phone or internet ( not that i have got a laptop here ), i mailed him again giving him the " I am so desperate here that i am going to just pack my bags and leave on my own " mail, not sure if that was a good idea but i am feeling shitty and really miserable and so i have to let out my frustrations somehow. I think i have reached a time in my life where i need to change what i am doing, I found out the mail address of a manager in Tampa Florida who deals with guys working in the Americas and I asked about working in the Americas part time for a different division of my company, I need to have some escape plan to stop me feeling desperate and perhaps it will happen and maybe i will just go and be a beach bum selling ice creams in the Caribbean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home