Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Australia Bound Finally

Some of you may be shocked to find out that I am actually half Australian already, yes it is true my mother was born in Perth Western Australia and left after a family breakdown and was fostered out to her elderly Uncle and Aunt in England. She was born in 1925 and spent only 5 years in Oz as I will refer to it and I have been drawn inexplicably to Oz all my life to visit and possibly work there as it is the last wild frontier especially in the tropical Northern Territory, even the name implies it is just an unexplored place to be left alone, so guess where I am going to be working for the next 12 months come September, Darwin NT. This is a gift from my old company to come back working for them as I was deeply pissed off working in shitty places without my wife, so this time I get married status and in Oz the land of barbies and beer and skin cancer, we have to die of something. So now my application is in for the Visas and now Australia has started issuing work permits only I get to go for as long as the maintenance contract keeps being signed maybe for ever, this will fit my retirement plans perfectly, I need only 7 more years of work and then I can just quit for good, well almost, I may do part time after that but I can get my feet up and play at being a bird watcher more often. Only problem I have is how do I quit my present job and it not cost me lots of money and get blown off the site here, I think I will just do a bunk and let them down badly by telling them at the last minute, but life is a bitch and I will never work for this outfit ever again anyway, so someone else will find out how tough life is. I still feel like I have won the jackpot and don’t have the money in my hands yet, is it all a dream and will it vanish when I wake up, I certainly hope not


1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger slyght said...

australia? man that is awesome. i've wanted to go there. hmmm, maybe i'll quit and just play guitar around the country and pop by to visit. hah. have fun there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home