Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The First Excitement In My Little Town of Piazza

Yes the little town where i live here in Italy at the moment is called Piazza, and yes it has a little piazza in fron of the town hall. it is full of retired folks, the hills surrounding it are all coverd in Pines and a few vineyards and a few fruit trees, so sleepy it should be called sleepyville or the cemetary, anyway i got home for lunch as i am only 9 Km away from my work site and we eat outside for lunch and I went to bring a map from the car and I heard this terrible din coming from just down the road, i thought it sounded like two dogs fighting, screaming at each other like dogs do when engaged in battle, so I never thought anything of it, when i got back to the house only 100 yards away my wife was looking white faced and a bit put out, she asked me " did you here that ", "yes of course i did " i replied in a couldnt care less way, "what was it " i asked, She replied " A guy was beating his wife or children of all of them in the house just over there", pointing about 50 yeards away, " the wife was on the balcony shouting at him as he walked away afterwards", well i was shocked to think that an old fart was beating his wife for lunch, i suppose it takes all sorts. i ate a nice lunch and went back to work, The only issues we have is with a woman who comes to visit next door but who must be deaf as she shouts while talking, really really loud like at the top of her voice, she shouts while on the phone and when just talking to the neighbour, I could get all shirty about it but i dont care really as long as I am not trying to sleep in the big swinging sofa thingy that i take a small rest on after lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home