Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I have just Become a Father of a Bouncing Baby Girl 6 Years Old

This is a wonderful announcement and the culmination of 18 months work, the little girl that i have been acting as father to for the last 6 years is now officially mine and the birth Certificates that now show me as the father cost all of 5 cents each, yes that is true 5 cents per legal document but the cost of the paperwork and preparing all documentation and social worker visits and lawyers fees sent a cheapskate like me into orbit, I originally had a lawyer who was probably crooked told me i had to get an audit completed by an auditor who would charge me 10% of my annual income, i didn't go with that one, to get a certificated letter of employment from the UK office I was working for, that letter had to be stamped by a notary and then go through the Costa Rican consulate, cost me $250, it was a never ending stream of people with their hands out, anyway it is all over now and she is mine, she doesn't really understand the concept yet as she has only ever known me and thinks the name change is pretty neat. We even got her a little rubber stamp with her new name to stamp her school books and that makes me feel proud, and now she is learning to read and write she can she can write her own name. Proud daddy!!!!

2 Comments:

At 2:37 AM, Blogger slyght said...

congrats, man, that is awesome!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger themom said...

How cool is that???!!! She is a little cutie - watch out, she will grow up too quickly!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home