Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mexican Weather and Crack Cocaine

The weather has been appalling all week, with terrible rains overnight and cloudy cool days and just typical British weather, this isn't good enough for the Mexican Desert, i want heat and sun and even if i cannot sleep at night i want the heat. We had a river running down the centre of the main road in Rosarito.

The Rio Rosarito



I am not sure how big a cocaine problem Mexico has but when i went to the toilet of the plant this week, i found a crack cocaine pipe in the cubicle, Now I am not normally a party pooper but when i work in a plant i like to think I am safe and not likely to be killed by someones else's mistakes but a crack cocaine user is not someone who I want around me when in a dangerous place like a power plant, so i had to inform the plant manager. I felt bad as i know they will conduct a full drug screening of all the plant guys and the culprit and anyone else who uses drugs will be caught and probably fired, a sad day for all, but I have to think about mine and everyone else's safety.

Well the job has been going OK, we have completed all the preliminary start-up commissioning and when we went for a start up, I think we broke the Steam Turbine. A bearing got really hot after about 30 minutes and then started to vibrate to the point it destroyed the vibration probes, this could mean they have to strip the turbine totally again, so I may be going home after they check monday and find it looks like a train wreck inside the bearing. Home sweet home and it is really sunny and hot there.

1 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Power Planter said...

Hey Dave!!

Would you consider writing your blog on our site, our members would love it.

www.powerplanters.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home