Friday, February 20, 2009

Latest Movie Review

Once again I have been watching some of the biggest movies of the month, mostly the Oscar award nominations. I sometimes think I am not catching what these movies are all about, crap is the phrase that springs to mind some of the time if not all of the time. here we go.

1) The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, 6/10, entertaining but a strange plot, why these people deliberately avoided each other to not be happy I cannot say.

2) Revolution Road, 1/10, miserable and totally depressing, why anyone would want to watch the breakdown of someone else's marriage I am not sure but the sad end is just enough to make me slap the director with a wet fish.

3) Mall Cop, 7/10, very silly and aimed at 9 year olds. Just a silly and totally unbelievable plot, but just kept me watching until the end, I did laugh sometimes, Ok for kids.



4) Gran Torino, 5/10, just not that believable and pretty silly, again it had pretty miserable undertones and then degenerated into planned suicide, just not uplifting and depressing. Even the might of Clint Eastwood wasn't enough to drag this one into the oscar award.

5) Changling, 4/10, just so goddam depressing and I hope this sort of thing never really happened, how did the authorities ever think the child they handed back to a mother wouldn't notice that the child wasn't hers. I was pulling out my hair with frustration at watching shite movies.

6) The Pink Panther 2, 0/10, this was so awful that as a joint decision we turned off the movie after only 15 minutes and I was happy to watch some TV. how anyone could watch this drivel and say they didn't feel cheated after paying to enter the cinema I would never know.

7) How to Lose Friends and Alienate People, 8/10, I found this very watchable and amusing, it came out in 2008 but i missed it and got the DVD and I am glad I did and would recommend this over all the rubbish I have previewed.

8) Australia, 7/10 this was a nice interesting movie but the plot was a little bit too thin to get you really gripped, and Nicole Kidman just overacted the whole movie, great cinematography and some silly stunt work but overall a watchable movie.

Slumdog Millionaire, ????, I have to watch this, but I am not holding me breath

Off to spain tomorrow, woohoooo, got to be warmer than this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home