Saturday, March 20, 2010

Garmin Robbers

I bought a Garmin GPS about 1 year ago and it is a fantastic device and it is so easy to use. The only problem is that I got it in early 2009 which means the maps are at least early 2008 and it has this function to show you mobile speed camera positions which is very useful for not getting speeding tickets. Also the device kept telling me to go to Garmin.com and update the mobile camera positions, I hooked up my Garmin to the laptop for the first time this week and it sent me to Garmin.com to get the application that does the communication and then it was so easy to update, it checked the device and offered me some firmware update and then some other function updates and then asked if i was interested in map updates, hell yeah i said and pushed the button to take me to the map updates, Robbers, the map updates are almost as expensive as the device was to buy the first time, also the mobile speeding camera update is a yearly subscription which at 35€ is friggin silly money, the map updates were $130, i paid about $150 for the device, wither the device is a giveaway or the maps are stupidly overpriced, I think they are stupidly overpriced, how can they think that the maps are worth that much, if they were 10€ then i wouldn´t have even thought about it, 20€ would have been pushing it, but 100€ is just talking on crack sort of money. assholes.


A great invention but they are frigging crack heads

1 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Baltika Pete said...

Dave, you should know by now after working for GE that the money is not primarily in the sale of the turbine but in the after sales, spares, and service

 

Post a Comment

<< Home