Sunday, December 09, 2012

Pisa Tuscany Escapade

It has been a while since my last blog, but the reasons will be obvious when i tell you, I have been in negotiations for my present job and i didn't want to jeopardise my chances, I have landed a post with a large multinational japanese oil company and I am now working as a resident engineer in Italy at the start of a possible 5 to 6 year project that will see me end up working full time in Australia. I am doing the same stuff as before, gas turbines and compressors and in the same factory as i worked before, so not much has changed just the fact that i am now the customer and not the vendor. I am living in a fake farmhouse just outside of Pisa in the Tuscany region and I will be traveling around quite a lot, we have a panel builder who is based in Bari in southern Italy and the test centre is just outside of Massa which is just up the coast from Pisa, about 50Km, so it will be a busy year or so while i will be here, once all the equipment has been tested it is shipped to South Korea and put onto the worlds largest semi-sub as it is designed for a 40 year life cycle and it has 7 gas turbines aboard aart from all the other processing equipment.

So for now as I look out of my window at the chain of snow-capped mountains on sunday morning just thinking about the week ahead, I just thought you may want to see them

just wish it had the same climate as costa rica, with the option of skiing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home