Saturday, June 18, 2005

E-mail Hell for Impending Peruvian Project

Today has been the never-ending stream of e-mails about my posting to Peru. Have I completed my medical questionnaire, have I printed all the documents for the trip, am I really sure I can get away with a business visa, will I be able to get all my vaccinations, which I have all of anyway, will I be able to get all my blood test, I am pretty sure I can get everything inCosta Rica as long as I pay. I found out my company credit card has finally arrived in Costa Rica and that means I don’t have to pay for an air ticket ever again. They have realized that I have to book my own tickets as they have no way of booking in Costa Rica and that is a good thing as I can do what I want now, I will be flying direct and only taking 3 and ½ hours to fly into Lima and that is fantastic and then I stay overnight in lima doing a little sight seeing and then next morning I fly on a small commuter plane up to the Andes, over some 15,000 foot mountains, higher than I though in fact a little bit worrying really as I was told about the pipeline helicopter that flew into a mountain in the fog, I don’t want that sort of thing to happen again. Trying to get organized for a new project is very exciting I find, making sure that everything is in place and I have all the relavant information , contact names and phone numbers, project numbers to charge expenses too very important that one, job number to book hours to is far more important, one thing that they haven’t told me yet is all the internal travel information for the Andes flight. But as I said it is all exciting stuff well as exciting as my tired body will allow me to get, as I have been sleeping terribly since I got off night shifts, last night I resorted to the old method of drinking yourself silly and slumping into bed dead drunk, the only problem I have with that is I rang then wife afterwards and I cant remember what the hell I said,, that is always a difficult one to try and get over, a colleague recently rang his wife the next day after a late night drunken phone call and she greeted him with a “its all booked and sorted”, he was scratching his head wondering what he ad agreed to, it turned out that after 15 years of living together with his girlfriend he had proposed on the phone in the drunken phone call and couldn’t remember the next morning, so its always worrying if I said something that I shouldn’t.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home