Sunday, July 10, 2005

Dreaming with the Flu god

I went to bed early again last night at 8.30pm as I was still feeling washed out with this Mother of all Flu’s. I didn’t have to go to bed fully dressed as my shivering has stopped and I slept reasonably well. But the dreams I was having were the equivalent of anything anyone has had on any drugs ever. They included witches and jewels of giant proportions, strange mystic practices to kill the witches, very large enchanted castles and giant houses, and these dreams lasted all night until I was woken up by some distant chanting and singing, I thought it was part of my dreams as I having, but as it went on and I became more awake I realised some function was being carried out onsite at 6.00am for gods sake, what bullshit is happening at 6.00am in the jungle being blared out on the public address system, I got up and had my shower feeling still slightly unsteady on my feet , got dressed and went to the office to drop off my laptop and I saw everyone on site had been lined up on the road in front of the canteen like a mini parade ground and the police/soldiers were doing silly marching and high stepping routines , I still don’t know if it was Peru’s day of democracy or national silly marching day but everyone was there bar me and probably the Russian Helicopter pilots. I pretended that nothing was going on a walked passed them all into the canteen and got my breakfast, I hope nobody saw me or is that being stupid.
Today I have asked for permission to start taking pictures of the giant moths and beetles that bombard the site, I have never seen such huge moths in my life, the place is alive with them and that is because of the lights we have burning all night here, some of the moths are dead some are barely alive, some just resting, but I think that 1 night flying into the lights kills the majority of them, so I was wanting to take pictures of them just for my own pleasure and perhaps some of the birds if I get near enough, I have brought my binoculars to get a better view while down on the river, I did see some large catfish fighting , the river is probably as big as the river Thames in London and I was shocked to see that it rises about 40-60 feet during flood times. That is going to be a fantastic thing to watch, seeing all the trees and things floating down the river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home