Saturday, July 09, 2005

Swimming with Lord Flu

I went to bed last at 6.30pm, I was floundering all day, falling asleep whenever I sat down, I was shivering still, I could feel OK outside as the temperature was up in the 80's and very sunny, I was sweating like a sumo in a sauna all the time, but I had to have my vest on to keep as warm as I felt terrible cold, the fever was taking its toll, I was drinking Mate de Coca as often as I could to try and alleviate some of the symptoms but even that was having legible effect, I had to give a training exercise in the afternoon and when I was hacking and coughing all over the place the guys kept saying the AC is terrible for the chest, I did find this immense moth outside the control room entrance that had been trodden I have added a pic to the site. So I was woken up by people laughing and joking and I checked the clock and it was only 9.30 pm, I had slept 3 hours I was wet through with sweat but I decided to keep all the bedding on to sweat the demon out of me. I had a terrible night of waking and coughing and dreaming silly dreams mostly of crazy things, but swimming, when I finally got up with my alarm clock at 6.00am the bedding was soaked. I still feel weak and drained but not shivering as I did, I decided to put my vest in the wash finally as it was smelling decidedly stale. God knows what the cleaner thought I had been doing in my bed all night as the sheets where in knots all over the place, and very damp, hope he didn’t think I was a golden rain freak. So now I am back in the office drinking Mate de Coca again feeling drained but not shivering, I think we are heading in the right direction, if I feel any better I will attempt a walk around the place and check out the river with my camera

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home