Friday, July 08, 2005

Development of Lord Flu

Today is Friday and my flu is in its choking phase, I can cough and cough but all I get is a very saw throat. Whoever invented flu wants needles inserting into his eyes. I slept pretty good to say I was freezing and had all my clothes on again in bed, I was awoken at 2 by my neighbour who was peeing very loudly into the centre of the bowl making a din that would waken the dead, I got my own back , when I was finally fully awake at 5, I noisily peed into the bowl, swirling round and round trying to make as much niose as possible, I was coughing lots and lots, and then I got into the shower at 5.20am, and enjoyed the steaming hot water for ages, I hope I used it all up. I hope he was busting to go to the toilet but after his 2 o’clock noise fest I wouldn’t imagine it. So I am awake at 5 and in bed at 8.30 and I slept reasonable for a good while so I don’t feel so sleepy just totally worn out from the draining flu, lets hope the 7 day prediction from the doctor is correct as this is day 4 and I don’t want to many shots in the ass like I had last night, he said it would put me to sleep but it had zero effect. I struggled all day yesterday to get the office printer and scanner loaded onto my laptop but it just hated the sight of it and wouldn’t load at all, so I resigned myself to printing only and I thought what about loading the scanner onto the office desktop , even though it is running windows 98, it didn’t even blink and ran smoothly all through and I could plug in the USB and scan to my hearts content, I was pissed off of course that I am still devoid of a scanner but I will survive. I can now start processing the huge amount of expenses I have generated over the last 2 weeks. Luckily all on my new company credit card. When I got out of the canteen this morning I was reminded of Scotland in summer, the air was fresh with an earthy smell and that hint of fungus, the air was very fresh and there was fog rolling over the local hills, I can still hardly imagine this place being so fresh. Who would have believed it, having to have a vest on in the Amazonian forest, I was told yesterday that the length of time it takes to take a boat down the river to the atlantic coast is 6 months, yes that is correct 6 months, it is virtually the entire length of the Amazon river, and that is about 4000 miles I think, it is a hard job getting supplies into this place, they fly nearly everything but they have to use small planes as the strip is so small, then they fly into a bigger strip up the river and then use barges to get things up here, a real logistical nightmare but they seem to have it managed pretty well, much better than marathon, Marathon oil ran out of food in Malabo and were buying shite from the local suppliers and the food was appalling. I like this outfit, a good site and nice people and I am on day shifts more importantly, life is good and when I get rid of this flu it will be better

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home