Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Quest for more readership

I have an addiction to this Blog and now I can understand why millions of people all over the world are writing Blogs. What I can't understand is people writing total shite, unadulterated crap to the point that nobody reads it and basically why would they, what is the point of reading about someone who is miserable over life everyday for gods sake, or why her husband died in a police high speed pursuit, who gives a shit, he was probably a moron and you are to for marrying such a dick head in the first place. Anyhow other than my rantings I am desperate to get more readership for my self opinionated and sometimes silly and amusing Blog. There are several ways to do this, one is to mail everyone you know and ask them to pass on the address which is OK if you have many friends and they have the time to do this, some do and most don’t. the other is to get your Blog into all the Blog directories that are springing up all over the place, now this again sounds far easier than it looks, most of the directories insist that you have a track back button on your site and this requires you to make custom buttons to your page and this again is tricky as it requires patience and a site that is easy to manipulate for the task. Mine is relatively easy but sometimes it plays the ultimate asshole but refusing to cooperate with my demands, I managed to get about 10 links the other day and now after 1 it has decided that I have enough and is playing the idiot and telling me I am not actually logged into my site, perhaps they are doing some maintenance on the server but I doubt it, but I need more readership, I am getting about 25 unique hits a day, that is different people to you and me but to Blogging directories it means that you move up or down their listings for the Blogs, the higher you get the more likely that people will actually find you in the listings, especially top 10 and then you will get readers just falling over themselves to read the rantings that fall from my mouth. for some reason I have a burning desire to have all my rubbish read and spread widely, not for any financial reason as I could never make a writer for the life of me but just to have it out there. So my manic ravings over my sites refusal to cooperate is driving me insane, just because one trackback button actually has your listing number and it goes up and down during the day as people read it, I am hovering about 70 and I just want to get up there with the likes of fallen angel, she is a lesbian and talks endless crap about her fear of meeting people, drivel but it is read by 1000’s a day, why, so I need to get my site listed with every possible directory there is even if they only have 2 sites on it I need to be number 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home