Sunday, November 13, 2005

Intelligent Design My Ass

I am going to enter into the fray over intelligent design finally. It is easy for the bible brigade to claim that Darwin’s Theory of Evolution is just a Theory but it is based on fact of evidence. That long ago there were dinosaurs and creatures that looked like the animals we see today around us. This is direct evidence that over time environmental pressure actively selects the fittest of a species to survive just because it is slightly better at coping with its environment. This is sound fact and seems quite unarguable. But to claim that some super intelligence made the things we have around us is just as ignorant as claiming the earth is flat. We all can see the religious zealots trying to push the creationism theory again but relabelled. The creationism theory was ruled illegal in the USA after the Monkey trials in the 50’s I think, so how on earth have the blinkered believers of the bible been able to pull this stunt once more. Let's have the argument about whether the bible is actually nothing more than a story from the dark ages used by the hierarchy of the church as it was then to subjugate the masses of uneducated peasants into slavery. The bible tells us quite ridiculous fantasies about curing the sick making the blind see and turning water into wine well I can tell you this all sounds like snake oil salesmen trickery to me. If anyone today was to claim such stunts we would all laugh and call them insane but 2000 years ago it was easy for anyone to persuade these peasants that we had a miracle worker and that this man must have been sent from heaven above to do what, turn water into wine, I think not. If he was so damned good then he could have driven the army of satanic Rome away with the wave of a wand, and cured all illness, prevented the famines and eliminated all the pests and converted all the criminals. But no he sacrificed himself for the greater good. Well If I was the son of God I would have saved my own soul first and then saved the others, so I think that it is right that religion is kept out of schools for kids to make sensible decisions about there beliefs and not to have to half baked idea of a super intelligent designer making things like sea cucumbers and slugs. If the designer would have been so good he would have given me teeth made entirely of pearly white enamel never to decay and bowels of steel so I can eat anything, plus while I am mentioning it, hair that never goes white, being able to eat anything I want and never getting fat, never having to shave and being able to sleep all night long and never having to get up to pee in the night, that is what a really smart designer would have done, and as I said in a previous Blog, who designed the designer, they would have been super super intelligent Aliens, now they are the ones we need to talk to about sea cucumbers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home