Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Cheers and a Merry Christmas

Today I was told in Spanish that my Spanish is starting to sound natural and that it is a huge improvement over the hopeless attempts I was making many months ago. So I was pleased as punch but I will not deceive you all by telling you I am fluent, far from it I am still only a beginner and still have much to learn, my biggest problem here is that everyone wants to learn English and wants to practice all the time even when I am just wandering about they want to burst into conversation in English even if I do not know them, I also spend all my work time speaking and writing in English, as my Italian company write and speak in English and all my buddies and family speak in English and technical conversations would be totally impossible for me in anything other than English so I am destined to spend years trying to perfect my basic schoolboy level Spanish, only if I was thrown into the deep end and only had Spanish speakers would I pick it up quicker.
I still haven’t received my travel plans for my trip to Florence and I keep checks on the availability of flights on expedia.com, I saw that all the AirFrance flights are now fully booked for my dates so there goes my Airmiles, and all the nice red wine and cheese, I quite like that airline as the planes are new and clean I took Iberia a year or so ago and it was the oldest plane in the world, it still had Wright brothers painted on the cockpit door, the seats were all so goddam worn out and shabby looking I was shocked that such an old plane was still in service on the trans-Atlantic run, I vowed never to fly on such an old plane again but basically I have no choice over who I fly with, the company gets the cheapest flights and I just have to catch them, luckily the airline I am using for Peru is all rand new Airbus A320’s and very nice they are too and the red wine is also nice, but if your in economy the sandwich is $5 but the beer is free, what a crazy way to charge. I just drink the beer and red wine. Its only 4 hours and I need to lose a pound or two, so out goes food and in comes beer, it’s only because I am going to be beer free for 4 weeks in Peru honestly. Cheers and Merry Christmas


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home