Friday, March 24, 2006

The Last Day In Peru

Drinking in Lima is an interesting exercise, it usually involves going to some very well known and not dangerous spot that is full of young and trendy noisy children basically. They all look like kids to me these days. So I called my Peruvian work buddy and he was in Lima and ready for a beer. I was happy again, I could go and eat some nice food and take a beer and see some of Lima. He picked me up at the hotel and drove about 15 minutes out to the beach area, it was a hilltop scene overlooking a bay with a giant crucifix dotted with bright lights at the top, it looked so silly almost like a movie scene. This place he took me was a haunt of painters and artists and all very oldy worldy, very nice actually and as it was old , no roads just pathways which along you walk, we went for a beer in this all open totally wooden restaurant and sat and talked shop all night, but mostly laughing at many things and many people, we ordered some food that turned out to be very average and not that good but who cares we had a good night and I had a few beers that tasted like an Angels tears. So that was my last night in Peru probably for a long time, we promised to visit each other and I hope that happens but as we know in this game we never know where we are going to end up and when we are going to have time to do anything ever. it has been an interesting time in Peru, I have learnt many things about operations on a gas plant and realised that I don’t like operations, I need installation and commissioning as that feeds my need to be active and to keep away from the customer, they are typically useless and are driven by saving money and keeping running even though it may be unsafe and may cost them tons of money if you have a catastrophic failure, just because they wanted to save some time. So I am now going to fly out of here have a nice long holiday and then I will find out where I am going in the next adventures of the Blogging Engineer Goes Wild in the Universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home