Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Looking Forward to My Holiday in Mainland Europe in Spring and The Cheese I Can Eat There

I am now only 14 days to having a new project and leaving Peru for good. It is a nice feeling to have a new project coming along. New people and new things to see and new experiences, I even had a chat with a recruiter who was looking for site managers for a competitor company but they were paying too cheap and I refused work as it was probably offshore. So I am planning my new chapter of my life with a new holiday touring Europe in my old car that I haven’t driven in 2 years or more. I am planning to take a slow drive across France and into Spain and spend a few days at my old house, I am going to finally give the order to sell and sign all the paperwork. I am hoping the weather is a little warmer when I get there as it is still the end of winter and could be nasty. I am hoping to have a nice relaxed drive and see some nice things and eat some nice food and drink a little wine eat some cheese that doesn’t look and taste like white rubber. One thing I miss is a nice cheese, I sound a little like Wallace from the cartoons Wallace and grommet. A nice cheese and a dry red wine, especially if it one of those very cheap ones in a carton from the Carrefore supermarket, that was cheap and nice. I have driven through France a few times but only like a nutcase to get to Spain and back, I think I have missed many nice things and spending time in those sleepy little towns sounds nice to me. My brother goes there many times a year on the long weekend drive over on the tunnel, but the cheap bastards want real money if you want to stay 2 weeks, like $300, not the $75 he pays. So I am going on the ferry, should be like half price. The important thing is getting the car ready to do such a drive after 2 years in hibernation. I do not know what needs doing and what needs replacing and if it will stand up to the arduous task of speeding across Europe in early spring. But it is good that it is a nice French car, it will cost me less to get fixed if I breakdown there.

Could be what me and wife will look next month

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home