Saturday, March 04, 2006

That Prison Feeling Again

Today I have 18 days left to endure in this wonderfully green but lifeless spot on the planet. How can they expect anyone to suffer this misery endlessly without wanting to throw yourself in the piranha infested river after 6 months? I have even been given my marching orders and this is my last rotation and I felt some relief for that for about the first 7 days, while I was telling all and sundry that I was hopefully going to Qatar, but that isn’t certain. I had many requests from many sources asking me to take their CV with me and show it around so they can leave this beautiful green prison cell. I did make my requirements specific to my boss, I need a city with normal life so I can take my wife and lead something of a normal life for a year or two. Again he has no input into this but we will see what shite I get given. I have only one complaint about the customer and that is nothing ever gets done ever here. I made several requests for improvements and nothing happened. I give them very good information and nothing is done, they seem to be happy with the crap they are trying to run and still suffer the problems of million dollar shutdowns. I don’t care really but I find it deflating to see them not taking anything too seriously. I am hoping that I get installation and commissioning then I don’t have much contact with the end user, they really have different views of the world from the engineers who build the plant for them. As an exercise yesterday I applied to about 15 agencies who supply engineers to construction projects and companies that only like contract guys. This is something I do from time to time just to see how valuable I am, to be honest I have never had an offer from one of them so that proves the point that the end user perhaps also thinks I am shite to and I should not be listened to. So here endeth the lesson don’t ask questions if you don’t like the answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home