Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Lost in a Time Warp

I have seemed to have dropped into a time-warp, a bit like groundhog day, every day seems the same, I get up, walk into the same miserable little office and then download pictures of birds all day long, I take two small walks to the plant and have a walk round, recover a few butterflies and say hello in my terrible Spanish. This has happened every day for the last 12 days and I am miserable with my daily routine, I have been desperate to get away from this place for 7 months now and after I left last time I was elated with the fact I wouldn’t have to come back to Peru, but shit happens and the replacement was rushed away to Tunisia to some even worse shithole and they needed a guy to replace him for two weeks only and as I lived very close, it was me. I didn’t really mind as it was only two weeks but as the days have gone into “groundhog day” then I am feeling that horrible gray cloud around my head again. Perhaps the idea of doing an interesting job has eluded me again and I am destined to be working like this forever, I may just quit and spend my house money on a world tour for the next 25 years, or I could finish this goddam bird book and live like a pauper on the lousy income, hawking it around all the tourist hotels in Costa Rica. At least travelling around Costa Rica sounds good, I need a long holiday, I have only had 4 weeks at home in the last 12 and I may only get 1 week at home after I leave and then another 4 weeks plus all the travelling time to get to Sakhalin island. At least I haven’t spent nearly two years in India like my old buddy from Ohio, Slyght, he has had the misfortune to be in that stinking country for al this time but at least he had a companion that stopped him feeling despair, his job is finished but they will not let him go yet, they like him, or do they just want to torment him until he cracks and kills everyone on site. So I am trying to get an extraordinary general meeting arranged for my condominium and that is hard as nearly everyone works away or long hours so now I find out that I may not get home to attend this meeting and as it is involving the money we pay for maintenance and security it is very important to me, we have two guards on the main gate and at night they just sleep and I hate paying for a guy to sleep, he has to be fired and I can save a lot of money, plus we can change the way we use the day-time guard , he can become the caretaker of the condo and wash cars and do all the gardening and washing the windows and painting the houses and do all those things that normally makes life miserable. At the moment the guard just sleeps and opens the gate, we have to get that made automatic to allow the caretaker to do more tings around the houses for us. Life is such in Costa Rica.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home