Sunday, July 23, 2006

Oh To Be Living and Working In a Normal Place

I have some great news, I have just sold my old house in Costa Rica and this means I have lots of cash now to be able to do all the things I am wanting to do, holidays and maybe buy the plot of land behind my new house so I can convert it into a large garden. Doing this is an extravagance but I love sitting in a nice garden and if my sister ever does decide to come and live with me then she needs a garden to expend all that dynamic energy she has all the time. She is a fanatic gardener and a tropical paradise is what would suit her the most, plus I would get all the fruits of her labour, namely fruits and vegetables.

I posted a picture of what I thought was a rare parrot in Costa Rica and I sent the picture to many bird sites thinking I had a rarity, I also sent it to an editor of a Costa Rican web site dealing with bird guiding there and he identified it as a less rare Crimson-fronted parakeet, not a really rare bird. I am rather sad at the fact that my bird wasn’t such a rarity, I also realised that my photography is very amateur, I need better lenses and they are fantastically expensive, I priced a medium lens up and it was over $6,000 a long lens was over $8,000 and I was shocked to say the least. But it is critical to the taking of high quality pics of birds, also a good tripod is also critical. Not so expensive but still a horrible thing to take around with you. I just wanted to be able to have my camera around my neck and click away and get great shots, not so, you have to take shots in RAW form not .JPEG, as this reduces the quality, also you have to process them with several different programs to get the quality right and then you may have a good shot, not the instamatic type approach I was hoping for. Anyhow I still get some good shots with the new camera.

Big expensive lens

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home