Sunday, September 10, 2006

Life In The Tundra

The first two days were actually very nice weather wise, sunny and warm but then the weather turned like a winters day, grey skies and cold winds and feeling very wintery. My responsibilities here are not very well defined, I have met and been greeted by two separate teams of engineers, both commissioning and operations and both are wanting me to join them full time, it feels nice to be wanted but this is not really what I was wanting or expecting. I am trying to pass over my knowledge and try and learn something from everyone else. If feels very strange that I am giving advice to guys who have been doing this for 30 years, it seems that large oil companies keep everything so pigeon holed that they never get a full all round picture of the project as a whole. I am enjoying it while it lasts but I can feel a nasty winter coming on and I fear that I am going to get stuck in this project and never see a warm jobsite ever again. I was told about a company that is based in Monte Carlo and has fancy production ships all around the world, they do pay great but not sure if I can get the sort of work I do and not have to fly constantly, but life is about trying different things and taking risks, or I may go and take 6 months off next year and fart about with my Spanish house. Not sure which sounds the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home