Saturday, August 26, 2006

Changing Schedule Daily

Well my future is about at stable as a 3 foot high jelly in an earthquake of 9.9 on the Richter scale. I have been told that I cannot leave this site by the site lead until I get a replacement. Now again this means nothing as if someone higher up in the food chain demands that I travel then I leave, irrespective of what the customer here says. I would rather stay here anyway as the weather is better and there is guys who I can have a drink with. So I also received a mail from the Russian project manager and he told me I was expected on site the 1st of September. This is ludicrous as even if I had flown the day of the mail I wouldn’t have got to Russia on that day, he is in a dream land. He neither asked me if I was at home or on a job or lying in the sun on some island in the pacific. He didn’t care and will only think about it when he gets a message from the service department telling him I am indisposed in Africa. The biggest problem is that there is too much work and not enough people, so my company is spreading out the guys trying to keep everyone happy without pissing everyone off at the same time. What happens is that everyone gets really pissed off and no-one is happy especially the guys who are working themselves silly with all the hours and flying. The first result is I am definitely not going to Russia for two trips, things have slipped on the schedule so much that the guy who is taking over in Russia is starting in October that means I will only do September, hurrah as I want looking forward for a winter trip, I am acclimatised to warm weather sites only, give me desert and jungle but not a miserable snowy miserable place.
Tonight I am off to the bar with a leaving party being planned for Mr Bechtel’s son and I hope he is picking up the tab, not that it is needed the beer is $1 a bottle and there are going to be snacks and other things, some people are getting excited, unfortunately I am only thinking of getting home to have a rest and have this growth removed from my thumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home