Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Life As A Money Slave

Well it is now confirmed, I am leaving for Russia Saturday, going directly to Russia not passing GO and not collecting £200, well actually the monopoly game is far more interesting than my trip to Russia, I have to fly to my company's office in Florence and have my passport that has the visa in it given to me also the winter weather clothing and anything else they think I should have and then after a meagre 12 hours there I get on the next flight for Korea and then a short trip to Sakhalin island. There are some meetings organised for the main office in Yuhzno so I may spend some time there, sounds better for me. I am unsure about what is going to happen after that.
I am seriously thinking about taking the rest of the year off after I have completed my 1500 hours on my contract and I have 650 left to do this year before I can go on permanent holiday, that would be a 5 month holiday and then I could not sign a contract immediately. I have to get the house sold in Spain before the housing market collapses. But it will always be a nice place to take a holiday even if it doesn’t get sold. My wife as you can imagine is not very happy about the events unfolding now. I wasn’t sure that my company would actually make me go directly, they even used the mandatory word to me, meaning I am contractually obliged to do it, I have a clause written into my contract stating that I have no right of refusal for any job they give to me. This sounds pretty hard but all jobs are offered, I know I cannot refuse anything, I can make requests for other big projects but if I am given something I have to do it, or I can quit but I will never get a job that pays as good as this for the amount of work I actually do. Plus I do get to visit some interesting places.

1 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Money Slave said...

Interesting blog post title. I guess you mean money slave in the sense of "wage slave" - off to find out if you sold your Spanish house before the crash!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home